- Program Manager of the Year: This award is given to a diversity program manager or supplier diversity leader from a life science corporation who is involved with different diversity business organizations, demonstrates a commitment to supplier diversity, and advocates for small and diverse businesses at different levels of their organization.
- Catalyst of the Year: This award is given to a life science corporation representative not in the primary Supplier Diversity Leader role, but to someone who demonstrates support of supplier diversity and dedicates time to advocacy, outreach, mentoring and/or awarding contracts.
- Corporation of the Year: This award recognizes a life science corporation that shows year over year improvement in supplier diversity initiatives, demonstrates a commitment to the development of small/diverse suppliers, and has been actively engaged with different diversity business organizations.
- Supplier of the Year: This award is presented to a small/diverse supplier that has shown continued growth for the past 3-5 years, helped life sciences clients overcome challenges, improved operations and service offerings, contributed to the community, and has supported other small/diverse businesses through B2B initiatives.
- Earvin “Magic” Johnson Business and Healthcare: In 2009, Earvin “Magic” Johnson was our keynote speaker and announced in his honor, Diversity Alliance for Science, would award a deserving recipient with this award. This award is presented to an individual, corporation, or organization that has demonstrated commitment to furthering diversity in the healthcare arena.
- Linda Secola Volunteer of the Year: This award recognizes an outstanding volunteer who has consistently volunteered their services for various roles within Diversity Alliance for Science, whose unselfish and dedicated service to Diversity Alliance for Science made a significant difference in the enhancement of the services and successful events provided by Diversity Alliance for Science to its members.
How to Submit a Nominee for an Award in 2023
The Nomination Period starts March 1, 2023. Review the nomination form to identify the desired qualifications. Complete as much of the form as you can, then coordinate with the nominee to obtain additional details and insights to strengthen your application. Be sure to provide your nominee enough time to assist in the development of your nomination form.
The deadline for awards nominations is May 25, 2023.
Nominations must be submitted to [email protected] by 5:00PM (PT) on the stated deadline. The Awards Committee will review each individual nomination, consider and discuss the merits of each nominee, narrow the award finalists, and then vote on the final award recipient. The awards will be presented at our Annual West Coast Conference.