ENGAGE WITH US
NOMINATIONS OPEN UP AGAIN IN JANUARY 2021
Our annual Awards Program recognizes individual members, suppliers, and corporations that help advance small and diverse suppliers within life science industries.
Support our Awards Program by Nominating an Individual and/or Company for Recognition
- Supplier Diversity Leader of the Year: This award is presented to a diversity leader from a life science corporation who demonstrates deep commitment to supplier diversity, advocates and advances awareness of small and diverse businesses at all levels of their organization. This individual has a tremendous focus on supplier development and is actively involved with different diversity business organizations. As a recognized leader in supplier diversity, this individual has earned respect from both industry peers and the supplier community with results to prove how they have contributed to supplier development and changing mindsets within their organization. Download Nomination Form
- Catalyst of the Year: This award is given to a life science corporation representative not in the primary Supplier Diversity Leader role, but to someone who demonstrates support of supplier diversity and dedicates time to advocacy, outreach, mentoring and/or awarding contracts. Download Nomination Form
- Corporation of the Year: This award recognizes a life science corporation that shows year over year improvement in supplier diversity initiatives, demonstrates a commitment to the development of small/diverse suppliers, and has been actively engaged with different diversity business organizations. Download Nomination Form
- Supplier of the Year: This award is presented to a small/diverse supplier that has shown continued growth for the past 3-5 years, helped life sciences clients overcome challenges, improved operations and service offerings, contributed to the community, and has supported other small/diverse businesses through B2B initiatives. Download Nomination Form
- Earvin “Magic” Johnson Business and Healthcare: In 2009, Earvin “Magic” Johnson was our keynote speaker and announced in his honor, Diversity Alliance for Science, would award a deserving recipient with this award. This award is presented to an individual, corporation, or organization that has demonstrated commitment to furthering diversity in the healthcare arena. Nominees are identified and selected by Diversity Alliance for Science. Download Nomination Form
- Linda Secola Volunteer of the Year: This award recognizes an outstanding Supplier volunteer who has consistently volunteered their services for various roles within Diversity Alliance for Science, whose unselfish and dedicated service to DA4S made a significant difference in the enhancement of the services and successful events provided by this organization to its members. Download Nomination Form
How to Submit a Nominee for an Award
Review the nomination form to identify the desired qualifications. Complete as much of the form as you can, then coordinate with the nominee to obtain additional details and insights to strengthen your application. Be sure to provide your nominee enough time to assist in the development of your nomination form.
The 2021 deadline for awards nominations is April 2021. Nominations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00PM (PT) on the stated deadline.
The Awards Committee will review each individual nomination, consider and discuss the merits of each nominee, narrow the award finalists, and then vote on the final award recipient.
The awards are presented each year at our annual East Coast Conference.