Applications are now closed for our 2021-2022 Mentorship Class.
If you are a current member and interested in applying for the program please look for 2022-2023 applications to be available in December.
Applications for 2022-2021 are due by January 20, 2022 to be considered.
Our Mentorship Program kicks off in June of each year and ends the following June.
The Mentorship Program is a unique opportunity for our supplier members to be matched with a mentor from a life science corporation for the course of one year. During this time, the mentor and mentee are expected to set goals for the year, meet monthly, and demonstrate a mutual interest in learning and growing together.
Requirements for Supplier Applicants
1. Applicant must:
• Be the CEO, Owner, Managing Partner or President of the company. No Exceptions!
• Currently be a paid, active DA4S Member.
• If accepted into program, agree to attend DA4S events and conferences while in the program.
• Agree to sponsor one DA4S event if accepted into the program.
• Agree to maintain a paid, active membership for 2022 thru 2024.
• Be in business a minimum of two years.
• Commit to the time requirements to meet their mentoring plan with assigned mentor.
• Commit to attend the following mentorship meetings (in-person if required):
a) Mentorship Kick-Off Event (June) & Pitch Competition – Graduating Class (June).
b) Virtual Check-In Calls every 6 weeks with the Mentorship Committee.
c) Mentorship Meeting at West Coast Conference – In-Person.
d) Graduation at East Coast Conference – In-Person.
• Submit their completed application with professional photo, and company logo in a vector file only.
• Accept Waiver of Liability and Program Expectation Terms.
Applicant may participate in the Mentorship Program a maximum of 2 years. Year two requires a separate application.
Company must currently be in a fiscally sound position (if not, then reconsider applying the following year).
Participate in the application interview session. Applicant will interview with the corporate mentors. The interview day is a requirement to be considered for selection.
Program Commitments for Mentor & Mentee
• One year starting in June and ending at EC22 Conference.
• Exclusive Kick-off event in June – Virtual.
• Mentorship Virtual check in calls every 6 weeks (August – May). These calls are separate from the Mentee/Mentor meetings.
• Face to Face Meeting – date TBD.
• Close out of program at East Coast Conference.
• One Face to Face meeting (in person if possible, otherwise virtual), and monthly conference calls required for Mentor/Mentee pairs within the course of this one-year program. (Pairs schedule their meetings according to their calendars. DA4S does not oversee this).
• Goals to be met during program. (Goals are discussed and set by each pair).
Framework – Quarterly + Deliverables
1. June – July: Finalize objectives, submit goals, schedule initial meeting during this timeframe, plan out meetings for the rest of the year.
2. August – December: Share progress with Mentorship committee.
3. January – April: Share progress/Prepare to finalize open actions.
4. April – May: Close-out plan, turn in final goal sheets, complete survey and prepare for graduating pitch competition.
Failure to meet any of these requirements, expectations and deliverables during the program can result in Mentee being removed from the program. Mentorship Program is not to gain business from a Mentoring Company. Asking your Mentor for business will result in an immediate dismissal from the program.