ALP Topic Areas
Merck Drexel ALP Curriculum
The ALP integrated program modules support an overarching theme of growing and scaling small and/or diverse businesses by building the leadership abilities and business acumen of diverse business owners. Lead by an interdisciplinary faculty/subject-matter expert team, each module provides an experiential and applied approach to executive development.
Module Topic Areas
- Leadership, Communication and Teams
- Building Personal Brand and Storytelling
- Strategic Networking
- Digital Presence and Strategy
- Customer Digital Journey
- Digital Media Metrics and Measurement
- Financial Reporting, Planning and Budgeting
- Short-Term and Long-Term Business Decisions
- Intersecting Finance and Operations
- Operations and Production Planning
- Purchasing and Contract Management
- Drexel and Merck Request for Proposal Culminating Capstone Challenge
Participants also complete a customized Drexel LeBow leadership assessment, which provides them with an individualized report used to guide their leadership and development plan.
Request for Proposal Capstone Challenge
The ALP concludes with a Request for Proposal (RFP) Capstone Challenge. Participants use the RFP portfolio elements they have been building throughout the program to prepare and present their company to the challenge panel. The RFP challenge offers an invaluable experience through the coaching and feedback participants receive on their response and overall company performance.
Further information about the Merck Drexel ALP program and online application can be found