A great way to get involved as a member of our organization is to serve as a volunteer on one of our committees (listed below). Committees provide you a chance to demonstrate your skills/talents while working with other small/diverse suppliers and life science corporation representatives. Committees are an annual commitment and meet regularly via virtual meetings to conduct business.
We are currently seeking volunteers for our Workshops & Speaker Committee, Communications Committee and Marketing Committee. If you are interested in these 3 committees please contact us.
- Digital Design
- Graphic Design
- Website and overall Technology
- Copywriting & Communication
- Writing Blogs
- Developing Quarterly Newsletters
- Social Media
- Overall Marketing skill sets
- Committee meets 1 – 2x per month for one hour teleconference calls
- This committee manages the DA4S Mentorship Program through the education, application, and matching process. Throughout the year, the committee provides on-going support
- Volunteers on this committee must have gone through our Mentorship Program
- Must be available to attend the West & East Coast Conferences for onsite support during all the various Mentorship Sessions
- This is a hands-on, active committee. Tasks are delegated per the committee RACI
- Committee meets at least 1-2x per month for one hour teleconference calls; more frequent calls
are required leading up to the West & East Coast Conferences
Committee is separated into the following Sub Teams:
- Webinars – research and select appropriate Webinars to provide our members for the year.
Confirm webinar presenters and coordinate webinar logistics with the marketing team.
Attend the webinars and analyze the webinar survey feedback to report back to the team after each webinar.
- Member Day at Conferences – research and identify what activities/sessions to provide to our members
for our member only sessions at both East and West conferences. Finalize the logistics working
with the Executive Director.
- Members’ Table Experience at Conferences – identify ways to engage with members at the members
information table at conferences – gather support materials needed and finalize a team schedule
- 1st Time Connectors Program – make 1st time conference attendees and members feel welcomed
at the conferences. Plan meet-ups and a fun activity session to take place at the conference.
Coordinate one conference call prior to each conference with all 1st time attendees and new members.
- Member Communication – Coordinate with marketing and develop regularly scheduled communication
(blogs, member spotlights, etc.) specifically for our members.
Committee meets 1x per month for one hour teleconference calls.
- Solicit donations for prizes for our Raffles and Tricky Tray for our conferences throughout the year
- Determine prizes to get for the events
- Conference support is needed at the East Coast conference with setup of tricky tray
- Committee meets approximately 5x per year for 30 minute teleconference calls
- Develop and discuss ideas and options for Community Outreach opportunities
- Identify Schools/Students to participate
- Identify schools to donate funds and determine amount of funds to donate
- Would help if you plan to attend the East Coast event – volunteers are needed at the conference to support and assist with the activities scheduled and to welcome the students
- Committee meets 6-7x per year for one hour teleconference calls
- Review current applications, make updates and finalize applications for the current year
- Review all nominee applications and make notes on each
- Come prepared to the meet with the committee to discuss and review each nominee under the separate categories
- Vote on recipients for each category
- Would help if you plan to attend the East event. At the conference you would assist in handing out the awards and coordinate all the recipients after they receive their award for photos and video interviews
- Committee meets approx. 6-7x per year between February – June for 30-60 minute teleconference calls
- Identify appropriate workshops to offer at our conferences
- Recruit the appropriate panelists for the workshop/s
- Write workshop description for the website and program
- Collect Bios & Photos and coordinate all teleconference rehearsals prior to the event
- Onsite support for the workshops – working with the team and panelists – coordinating AV,PPT Decks, room layouts, etc.
- The workshop committee is divided into sub teams and each team is responsible for working on their assigned workshop following our RACI timeline
- Committee meetings vary depending on your sub team
GUEST / KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Identify strong and appropriate guest/keynote speakers that fall within our budget
- Committee discusses options available, then selects key speakers for both events coordinating bookings with the Executive Director
- Once speakers are confirmed, coordinate intro call prior to conference to finalize logistics and answer all questions
- Confirm PPT and AV needs and any Rider requests
- Provide onsite support welcoming the speakers, getting them mic’d, onstage and coordinate their departure
- Committee meets approximately 4x per year for 45 minutes conference calls
Other Committees that have volunteer opportunities:
- Eight that Innovate
- Round Tables
If you are interested in joining a committee, let us know! We determine which members are selected for which committees. While each committee is limited in scope, we will try our best to accommodate all requests when possible. We rotate volunteers off committees every two years and are always looking to add volunteers to certain committees.