YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BECOMING A MEMBER OF DIVERSITY ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE, INC. IS EXCLUSIVE ONLY TO THOSE ENTITIES WHO HAVE BEEN DEEMED OR DETERMINED TO BE IN THE LIFE SCIENCES AND/OR HEALTHCARE RELATED BUSINESS. THIS DETERMINATION IS MADE EXCLUSIVELY BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF DIVERSITY ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE OR ITS DESIGNEE.
DIVERSITY ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR DENIAL OF MEMBERSHIP, SERVICES OR BENEFITS YOU RECEIVE OR FAIL TO RECEIVE FROM THE ORGANIZATION, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, AND WHETHER OR DIVERSITY ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
BY JOINING DIVERSITY ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE, YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS DIVERSITY ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE AND ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES RELATED TO YOUR MISREPRESENTATION AS TO ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO THE ORGANIZATION, YOUR BREACH OF ANY OF THESE TERMS OR ANY MISUSE OF ANY GOODS, SERVICES OR OTHER BENEFITS OF DIVERSITY ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE MEMBERSHIP.
DIVERSITY ALLIANCE FOR SCIENCE RESERVES THE RIGHT AT THEIR DISCRETION TO REVOKE A MEMBERSHIP DURING THE COURSE OF ITS TERM WITH A WRITTEN NOTICE TO SAID MEMBER.
Acceptance of the Code of Conduct is a condition of membership. Specifically, upon registering as a DA4S member, each individual is required to review, complete and agree to the DA4S Code of Conduct set forth below. DA4S anticipates that it may amend the Code of Conduct from time to time, all pursuant to procedures to be established within DA4S. In each of those instances members will become automatically bound to the amended Code of Conduct, although they will be notified of the pertinent amendment and will be given an opportunity to opt out of membership if they feel that the Code, as so amended, is not suitable for them.
All DA4S members must accept and adhere to this DA4S Code of Conduct. As a member of DA4S, I agree to:
- Obey applicable DA4S policies and procedures.
- Obey federal, state, local and international laws in regard to their professional behavior.
- Be honest, fair and trustworthy in all DA4S activities and relationships.
- Embrace professional diversity; take no action in their business dealings to discriminate against individuals on the grounds of race, gender, religion, age, disability, national origin or other similar factors.
- Be accountable in their business dealings and take responsibilities for commitments, actions and consequences.
- Avoid all conflict of interest between DA4S, work and/or personal affairs.
- Strive to create and sustain a business culture where ethical conduct is recognized, valued and exemplified by all members DA4S.
- Honor and protect confidential information and intellectual property of DA4S and of other members.
During the application process, members affirm that they have read, understand and agree to follow the principles of honesty, professionalism, fairness and confidentiality that are set forth in the DA4S Code of Conduct. Members further understand that not conforming to this Code may result in their membership being revoked.
Once you have applied to become a Member, please allow up to 7-14 business days for approval. During the months of our events the approval process may take longer to review new membership applications. Please expect a 2-3 week review for approval.
The entire process of getting an application approved and logo on the website takes up to 3 – 4 weeks.