EVERYTHING TO KNOW
We request all attendees take an at-home Covid Test prior to departing for our event.
Please consider wearing a mask on the plane while traveling.
NAME BADGES are required to be worn throughout the entire event including the evening sessions. BUSINESS CARDS are recommended. There will be ample networking opportunities. WEATHER – Warm in Laguna. Bring Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Sunhat.
CHECK-IN / HEALTH SCREENINGS / NAME BADGE
CHECK-IN / NAME BADGE / COVID TESTING TIMES:
TUESDAY, August 30 WEDNESDAY, August 31 THURSDAY, September 1
12:00pm – 4:00pm 8:00am – 12:00pm
You must contact us if you are arriving this day. Do not submit your $75 payment to HB Urgent Care. We are unable to check attendees in for badges outside of these days/times. Plan accordingly.
Notify us via email if you are arriving outside of these Check-In and Covid Testing times.
All attendees will receive a one-time, non-optional, Rapid Antigen Test.
Attendees must wear a mask until their Covid Test is completed. Come with patience and plan accordingly. Allow for 30 minutes for the testing process.
Whether you are attending for one hour or all 3 days – all attendees are being tested. We will not accept any outside testing. HB Urgent Care is managing all Covid Tests unless you made a separate arrangement with us prior to arrival.
PAYMENT FOR COVID TESTING
There is a fee of $75 per person that is paid directly to HB Urgent Care. Attendees testing in the time frames on Tuesday and Wednesday, can complete their payment ahead of time via the link emailed to you. Otherwise payment must be made on-site to the vendor.
If you are testing outside the listed hours, do not make payment and email Dee@DiversityAllianceforScience.com If you are arriving Thursday, your Covid Test will be managed separately and you must notify us.
STEPS You cannot get your name badge nor join any sessions until your Covid Test is complete. 1. Arrive to Laguna Terrace – take your Covid Test
2. Complete your Waiver and Health Questionnaire and hold on to it
3. Once you test negative – urgent care will give you a wristband to wear
4.Wristband received, waiver signed and health questionnaire completed, then head to the Ballroom Foyer to check-in for your name badge.
Each Morning – we are doing temperature checks and providing attendees with a new wristband.
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE
- You will be asked to leave and will not be able to attend any sessions of the event, nor socialize in any areas of the hotel
- If you are checked-in, have a vehicle and feel OK, then you may check-out of the hotel or the hotel will discuss the requirements/options at that time
- Uber/Lyft are not permitted, so plan to quarantine for 5 days at the hotel if you do not have a vehicle
- If you have not yet checked-in to the hotel, then you can leave but Uber/Lyft can’t pick you up
- If you decide to remain at the hotel, you can’t leave your room for 5 days
SUGGESTED SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Masks at the event are optional and will be available. Tables are spaced out as best we can for the Ballroom.
Isolated tables are available.
Hand Sanitizers are available throughout the hotel & in the Ballroom, but hand washing is always recommended!
AVOID SHAKING HANDS – elbow or fist bumps preferred.
Colored WristBands identifying comfort level will be available for attendees to wear – Red, Yellow, Green.
• Monday/Tuesday – Meals on your own
• Tuesday Members Welcome Reception (6pm –7pm). Cash Bar for Beverages. Light Appetizers. Dinner on your own
Wednesday – Bagels & Coffee OR Breakfast on your own at the hotel restaurant. Program kicks-off late morning (9:30am)
Thursday – Continental Breakfast for all attendees
Lunch Buffet is served Wednesday and Thursday outdoors on the VUE Lawn. Don’t forget your sunscreen, sunhat and sunglasses!
Name Badges are not to be left behind!
Please enjoy outdoors for lunch but be back in the Dana Ballroom in time for the start of the next session.
WEDNESDAY EVENING DINNER
Our popular Evening Dinner & Networking is for all attendees.
Cash Bar is available! Enjoy a variety of food stations and don’t miss our Hollywood Style “Beauty” Photo Booth! See what the newest craze is and take some fun photos!
DIETARY & ALLERGY RESTRICTIONS – The hotel has noted them for everyone who indicated this on their registration.
MEMBERS ONLY • TUESDAY
Confirmation Emails were sent to all attendees confirmed for Golf. We are unable to accommodate additional players.
Golfers will be asked to self-test before departing for the Golf Course and will receive a temporary name badge for the day.
All Golfers must complete the official conference check-in process on Wednesday morning by completing their Covid Test thru HB Urgent Care then receive their conference badge.
- An RSVP was required to attend this session. Please do not attend if you do not have a confirmed RSVP.
- f attending, please be on time for this fun session. Teams to be formed and different challenges enjoyed. An outside company is managing this session. Prompt 2:00pm start, attendees must plan to stay until 4:00pm with your assigned team to complete the challenges.
- Team Building will be outdoors on the Vue Lawn – sunscreen, sunhat or sunglasses is a must!
- Members are required to check in no later than 1:15pm for their Covid Test and Event badge. You will also receive a temporary badge to wear for the Olympic/Team Building.
OPEN NETWORKING TIME
Wednesday from 4:00pm – 6:00pm is a perfect afternoon break for attendees to meet and network throughout the hotel.
These sessions are open to all attendees. Be sure to join us and visit our website for all the detailed information and speakers.
We have excellent workshops and panelists scheduled so be sure not to miss our Ballroom sessions!
As a courtesy to our program, we ask that attendees be seated a couple minutes prior to the start of the Daily Welcome. We have a full agenda and will make every effort to start and end on time.
Our membership committee will be available throughout the conference. Look for them wearing their Leis.
Takes place Thursday from 11:15am –12:15pm
- Each table will have one Corporate Host.
- Suppliers select a table to sit at to meet the corporation, and give a 30 second pitch to introduce their company then allow for discussion.
- Each round will be approximately 15 minutes. The host will then announce that it is time to rotate.
- If more than one person per company is attending, we recommend that you each sit at different tables.
- No sign up is required – this session is for all attendees.
HOW TO PREPARE: Work on your concise pitch and bring business cards.
CORPORATES – Please be seated at your assigned table at the start of the session.
Raffle tickets will be sold throughout the event. Raffle drawing to be held around 2:00pm on Thursday during Closing Remarks. Funds raised support our Community Outreach Program. Credit card and cash accepted.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
There is a photographer & videographer capturing moments of the event throughout the conference. If you do not wish to be captured on camera, please inform them directly.
Step & Repeat will be available in the Ballroom Foyer during the conference. We encourage you to take photos/selfies throughout the event & post tagging us using #DA4S #DA4SEVENTS #DA4S2022. Be sure to follow us on social media!
VIDEO RECORDING ROOM
Our videographer would love to capture short 1-minute clips with as many attendees as possible. Visit LANTERN BAY 1 on Wednesday between 4:00pm – 5:00pm. Record something that we can include in our future marketing.
Please confirm your reservation with the hotel prior to arrival and make any requests ahead of time. If you need to cancel your room, do so within the cancellation period to avoid charges. The hotel is unable to guarantee early check-ins or late check-outs. We are not able to assist you with no show cancellations.
Self-Parking Overnight Hotel Guests – $32.00 per car • Daily Valet Parking Discounted Group Rate – $18.00 Valet Parking only – Inform attendant you are with the DA4S group parking rate.
STAFF SHORTAGE – There is still a staff shortage throughout Laguna. Please attend with patience and understanding.
Check-In Time is 4:00pm – The hotel will check you in sooner if rooms are available. The Bell Desk can safely store your luggage.
DINING OPTIONS – (Be patient at the restaurants. Allow enough time to get your meals)
• Outer Reef Steakhouse – Open for dinner Wednesday thru Sunday. Breakfast Buffet Daily
• Over Vue – Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Marketplace – Grab & Go food items throughout the day
• In Room Dining
HOTEL SPA – 9am – 5pm (Open Daily)
• 20% discount on services booked under DA4S Group
• Monday & Tuesday – Limited availability
• Direct # to Book: 949-487-7576
GYM – access is available for all hotel guests.
In-Room WiFi is complimentary for Bonvoy Members (free to join). Confirm your Bonvoy # is added to your hotel reservation.
$3 Housekeeping Gratuity is automatically added to your bill – if you want to decline this fee and daily housekeeping service you must inform the hotel upon check-in. They are not able to waive this after check-in.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
WEDNESDAY - AUGUST 31
COVID TESTING / NAME BADGE RETRIEVAL / CHECK-IN
9:00am – 9:30am
Bagels and Morning Beverages
9:30am – 9:45am
DAY 1 WELCOME – Join us for welcoming remarks from our President as we kick off the event
9:45am – 10:45am
SUPPLIER SHARK TANK – A group of innovative suppliers will unveil unique solutions and services to the Sharks! Let’s see if anyone gets a deal!
10:45am – 12:00pm
PROCUREMENT LEADERS FIRESIDE CHAT
12:00pm – 12:55pm
LUNCH – “Build your Own” Sandwich Buffet on the VUE Lawn
1:00pm – 2:00pm
PAVING THE PATH TO HEALTH EQUITY
2:00pm – 2:45pm
ANNUAL AWARDS – Join us as we announce our 2022 Award Recipients
2:45pm – 3:00pm
STRETCH BREAK – Head over to your afternoon Breakout Session
3:00pm – 4:00pm
Breakout Sessions (Select either Change Management or Supplier Diversity and AB962)
4:00pm – 6:00pm
NETWORKING BREAK – Take this time to network throughout the hotel with attendees
4:00pm – 5:00pm
Video Interview Room in Lantern Bay I open to all attendees who want to record a one-minute video
6:00pm – 8:30pm
Outdoor EVENING DINNER RECEPTION. Cash Bar available
THURSDAY - SEPTEMBER 1
7:30am – 8:00am
OUTDOOR YOGA & STRETCHES – Pick up your yoga mat from the Bell Desk & Head to the Del Mar Lawn
8:00am – 9:00am
Continental Breakfast outside on Laguna Brick
8:00am – 10:00am
SAFETY SCREEN CHECK / NAME BADGE / CHECK-IN
9:00am – 9:10am
9:10am – 10:10am
KEYNOTE SPEAKER – takes the stage promptly. Be seated by 12:55pm Ballroom doors will be closed. No going in or out during the Keynote